February was a great month for me, reading life and otherwise. I went to a board game convention, bought my wedding dress, and started a new job. Annnddd I managed to read most of the books I had set aside for myself!
Books I read:
- Something Bright, Then Holes by Maggie Nelson ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson ⭐⭐⭐
- Follow Me to Ground by Sue Rainsford ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Constellation of Half-Lives by Seema Reza ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman ⭐⭐⭐⭐
2020 Reading goals check in:
- Read Brandon Sanderson’s books – The only new Sanderson I read this month was Steelheart (I started re-reading Mistborn as well). I did narrow down my parameters for this goal, and decided that I’m only reading his full-length adult and young adult novels and Arcanum Unbounded, since it contains extra, pertinent material. That means 19 books total, including Rhythm of War coming out in November. So far, I’ve read 7 out of the 19. Plenty of time!
- Cut my TBR in half (33) – This month I read 4 books from my TBR, and I added 3, which brings my total to 74. Progress?
- Read new books within 30 days of purchase – I don’t know what I was thinking! This might be more feasible once my TBR is much smaller, but for now I’m going to abandon this goal.
I’ve been listening to Hayley Williams’s new music almost obsessively. I have always loved Paramore, and I think her solo album is going to be amazing, just based on the songs she’s released so far. I also just discovered Ivy & Gold and have been listening to a lot of their music. Unfortunately, I don’t think they’ve made anything new in several years, which is disappointing. As far as podcasts go, I’ve been catching up on Crime Junkie and Books Unbound, both of which I highly recommend! Crime Junkie is great for my true crime fix, and listening to Books Unbound is like listening in on two delightful friends talking about books – because that’s exactly what it is.
Thanks for everyone who follows along in my bookish life! If there’s anything else you would like to see here, I would love to hear from you.